gmc forums   gmc forums
Go Back   GMC Forums > GMC Vehicles No Longer In Production > GMC Jimmy Forum

GMC Jimmy Forum Forum for discussions regarding the GMC Jimmy

ATTENTION: We're looking for moderators. Is anyone interested?
GMC Forum: my blinkers quit working on my 1995 gmc jimmy where should i look?

Old 05-02-2010, 04:36 PM

Default my blinkers quit working on my 1995 gmc jimmy where should i look?

I HAVE A 1995 GMC JIMMY with a 4.3 vortech engine i lost use of my blinkers i checked the fuses and all fuses are fine where else should i look to diagnose the issue

Old 05-03-2010, 12:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to Molson02536 Send a message via Yahoo to Molson02536

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven s View Post
I HAVE A 1995 GMC JIMMY with a 4.3 vortech engine i lost use of my blinkers i checked the fuses and all fuses are fine where else should i look to diagnose the issue
Inspect or replace your turn signal relay, It's located behind your ashtray on the drivers side, Number 20 and 21 on this link. http://www.compnine.com/index.php?u=...02&grouptype=B

The flasher relay is behind the panel to the left of the cigarrette lighter. You need a Torx 25 screwdriver and another screwdriver for those hex shaped screws, forgot the size. First unscrew the 2 Torx 25 screws beneath the steering wheel. Then unscrew the rest of those Hex screws on the bottom.

The panels overlap, so be prepared for a lot of unscrewing. You do need to unscrew the middle black panel on the bottom, right beneath the cig lighter. It's held by two Hex shaped screws, one on each side and are hard to unscrew. Also you need to remove your spare change sliding tray to unscrew the last hex looking screw.

Once you pop your panel off, the turn signal flasher is the right one. The Hazard flasher is the left one. You can find a replacement part at Autozone, and DON'T get the $184 Flasher switch, all you need is the signal flasher.