gmc forums   gmc forums
Go Back   GMC Forums > GMC Vehicles Currently In Production > GMC Yukon Forum

GMC Yukon Forum Forum for discussions regarding the GMC Yukon

ATTENTION: We're looking for moderators. Is anyone interested?
GMC Forum: AC compressor cycle on/off

Old 08-31-2010, 01:07 PM

Default AC compressor cycle on/off

When I turn the AC on in my 1996 GMC Yukon, the compressor cycles on but does not cycle off. Still blows ice cold air, just doesn't cycle off. I replaced the AC compressor, accumulator, pressure switch (that plugs into the accumulator) about a month ago.

Any advice?

Old 08-31-2010, 02:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Molson02536 Send a message via Yahoo to Molson02536
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrohman View Post
When I turn the AC on in my 1996 GMC Yukon, the compressor cycles on but does not cycle off. Still blows ice cold air, just doesn't cycle off. I replaced the AC compressor, accumulator, pressure switch (that plugs into the accumulator) about a month ago.

Any advice?
Hard to say what is wrong with it without any manifold gauge to see what your high and low readings are. Your system may just be a little low on R134a that it does not get high enough for the high side pressure switch to deactivate your compressor.

The best thing to do is to have your A/C system checked with a manifold gauge to get a high and low side readings.

Normal readings on high and low side with AC OFF (static pressure) – Depends on outside temperature, but normally is between 80-105 PSI

Normal low side reading with AC on high speed and MAX & engine at 800-1000 RPM’s – Ranges from 25-35 PSI

Normal high side reading ranges from 200-350 PSI

Good luck and keep us posted.