gmc forums   gmc forums
Go Back   GMC Forums > GMC Vehicles Currently In Production > GMC Yukon Forum

GMC Yukon Forum Forum for discussions regarding the GMC Yukon

ATTENTION: We're looking for moderators. Is anyone interested?
GMC Forum: 2011 GMC Yukon Denali or 2011 Cadillac Escalade? ?

Old 01-11-2011, 01:27 PM

Default 2011 GMC Yukon Denali or 2011 Cadillac Escalade? ?

If you had to choose between those 2, which would you choose. I like both of them and I can't decide. I see them both on the streets so I'm not really going for unique. Which one is more luxarious, which one is more head turning?

Old 01-21-2011, 11:57 PM

Default Escalade vs Denali

This is actually quite easy...Just about every option available on the GMC is available on the Cadillac. Power running boards. Side blind zone alert system. Dual DVD screens (XL and ESV only). 22" rims. Power tilt heated steering wheel. 6.2L 403 HP vortec engine. All wheel drive (both are an auto system, no user selectable settings). The only option I have seen on the Cadillac that the GMC does not offer is the Intellibeam headlight system (turns the high-beams on automatically and off when it detects on coming traffic)...however my Denali has GM's integrated trailer brake system, I did not check to see if Cadillac offers that. The Cadillacs entertainment system includes a 6-disc changer, but just like the Denali, if the kiddos are watching a DVD you cannot access your cd's. This is no bother to me as I am an XM nut. Also both have usb inputs for the I-pod.

All that said, mechanically these vehicles are identical. It all boils down to styling (and price). I do like the Cadillacs higher and larger nav screen system; the Denali uses the same system in the standard Yukon and Tahoe. What I don't like on the Cadillac are the center stack audio/HVAC controls. They are small and too close together, feel cluttered. The heated and cooled seat controls are incorporated into the HVAC module, I prefer the door location of the Denali. The gauge pack on the Cadillac is very classy, the Denali is just standard yukon/tahoe fare...I think a few years ago it was dfferent...GM cutting costs? Also, the Cadillac center console has storage in the lid and under it...that's nice.

Externally both are striking, it all boils down to what you like and what you want to spend. I found the perfect 2WD XL for my family, white (the white diamond and red tintcoat colors avail look great but cost more but if you get a scratch they are both a booger to match) with the sunroof entertainment package, Side blindzone detectors, dual DVD screens, and the integrated trailer controller. Did not want power running boards, I like the chrome they incorporate into the fixed ones. GM 22" rims are spendy and I can do that cheaper myself should I want to. Don't need (or want-it adds weight and the beast is a fuel hog already) AWD.

My Denali stickered at $60k. The Escalade would have been over $75k. For me, that was game over...I could not afford to go that big on a vehicle.

Cadillac has, well the "cadillac" factor. 4years/50k warranty vs 3years/36k warranty is nice. Both have GM's 5year/100k powertrain. But in that one year extra the Cadillac has in warranty over the Denali, if my GMC needs $15k worth of non-warranty repair work I'm trading!!

The Denali is the "bad boy" of the GMC Yukon line; it's their best. I believe it compares nicely to the Escalade. But Cadillac offers an $88k "Platinum" edition. The interior has lots of leather everwhere, it is beautiful, if perhaps overdone. Both headrests have DVD's, add the 2 in the roof on the ESV and the kiddos have 4 screens to watch! Also, the front cup holders are heated and cooled. It is the ultimate SUV for those who aren't worring about the payment!!

Hope all this helps (and not confuses!!)

Bob.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:02 AM

great comparo!! I'll add if u don't mind, that Caddy offers 4 years of Premium Maintenance, free! Oil changes, wipers, filters, etc. But u r right.......no way worth 15K more in my opin also.

I just picked up 2011 short Denali yesterday! No auto steps or blind spot system. Everything else, with stock 2011, 8 spoke chrome 20" rims. Love it!! Hope it treats me as well as the 2003 SLT I traded. MSRP was $59,450, bargained for 51,450 after Invoice sale, 1K Loyalty, 2K GM rebates, 2K GM Card bonus points! Got 15K for my '03 in the trade.

Very happy!

SD

Last edited by Smokin' Denali; 01-24-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:27 PM

Just wondering as im in the market for one now the 51,50 was after your 3k in rebates?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 PM

That premium maintenance is at GM's oil life monitor disposal...no service until you get to 20% life (that's what they told me)...go figure I'll change my oil when I want to thank you very much, not gonna wait for a machine!

SD...sounds like we both did good, I was about $500 higher but it is an XL with a couple extra goodies...Congrats.

B.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggie45 View Post
Just wondering as im in the market for one now the 51,50 was after your 3k in rebates?
yes, all in. I paid 51,450 plus tax. period. I chose to trade my 03 Yukon but after I had the price.

11Denali, you did great! The $2K in GM Card "Top -Off" points really made my deal work. I figure they gave me a years gas...... :-)

SD
Old 01-26-2011, 09:34 PM

yes, that price was w/all rebates, bonuses,loyalty, GM extra points etc. I started at Invoice price (about 55K) MSRP was 59,500 and worked down. Only tax, MV charges, and some Dealer bullshit paper fee was added.

SS
Old 06-27-2011, 05:09 PM

Has anyone considered the 2011 Infinity QX56 vs 2011 Yukon Denali? Im going through this now and trying to decide between the two. any feedback would be great.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:18 PM
AUTHORIZED VENDOR
AUTHORIZED VENDOR

The Yukon Denali has a lengthier Powertrain warranty than the QX56 which can definitely be a selling point for some customers. There’s also more cargo space in the Yukon. I may be biased because I’ve had multiple Yukon’s in the past, but it’s been a really reliable vehicle for my family, so I’d definitely go with the Yukon!

Thanks,
Laura
GMC Customer Service
Old 07-01-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auberg1234 View Post
Has anyone considered the 2011 Infinity QX56 vs 2011 Yukon Denali? Im going through this now and trying to decide between the two. any feedback would be great.

THe QX does not have Onstar 9.0 !! I lock/remote start/check tires/gas and can blast horm/lights from anywhere.....all with my cell phone!! FREE app for any Iphone or Android/B;ackberry smart phone!

And have you really looked at the 2011 QX when sober?? LOL

Best wishes on your decision!

SD