GMC Forums

GMC Forums (https://gmcowners.com/gmc-forum/index.php)
-   GMC Terrain Forum (https://gmcowners.com/gmc-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Who are our GMC Terrain owners? (https://gmcowners.com/gmc-forum/showthread.php?t=20512)

GMC Forum 09-13-2012 10:37 AM

Who are our GMC Terrain owners?

It seems we have a lack of GMC Terrain owners so I'm starting a discussion thread to call you out! Tell us about your experience with the Terrain and whether you'd buy one again in the future. If you have any pictures, please post them.

Thank you!

forace2012 09-14-2012 01:21 PM

One timer only

I Bought a 2011 SLT-2 Terrain loaded with all accessories in april of this year (2012). Loved the terrain and had hoped it to get the stated mileage of 22 city and 32 highway. That is and was a farce. I could hardley get 22 to 25 highway. It was the 4 cylinder FWD. I tried everything I could find on Terrain forums to get better mpg but nothing worked. econ button was no different. It was a great vehicle, rode great and drove great, liked all the features but hated the economy part because it didn't happen. I usually keep a vehicle for a long time and if it had of done the mpg thing as I had hoped for I would have it now and for a long time to come. I saved up to buy it so it was paid for. GM was blind to their problem and offered NO HELP. So I got ride of it in August for a 2012 Nissan rogue and cannot be happier. Great gas mileage. Already getting 28 to 29 mpg average It's only rated for 29 highway but it is getting it. Tried it by hand calculator and dash computer and both will confirm it.
If you have bought one I wish you well. If it gets great gas mileage then you are lucky. If I were guaranteed the 22 and 32 mileage on another terrain then maybe but my first and only one left a bad taste in me and my wallet.

GMC Forum 09-14-2012 01:38 PM

What a shame. I'd love to hear more from other owners. Hopefully they find us...

pondscum 12-22-2012 02:18 PM

new to forum

2011 terrain SLE 4 cyl, FWD and 2012 Sierra SLE crew cab

Terrain has been fine. Only complaints are less than advertised mileage, no matter how crazy Mega mileage mixer tricks I try. If I knew it was only going to get 1-2 MPG better than my 2006 v6 torrent, I would have not bought the 4 cylinder.

Other than that, car is fine for what it is. The sierra rides much better, due to the larger wheelbase I assume.

pondscum 12-23-2012 07:06 PM

I guess there is nobody around but the GMC mods?

Formosa Joe 01-01-2013 03:39 PM

newbee

2011 Terrain SLE 4 cyl. and 2011 Sierra SLE delete reg. cab short box 4.8

The Terrain has been an excellent vehicle except for the tires.
My wife gets 20 mpg city with jackrabbit starts. I get 29 ~ 33 on hwy.
We've had the Terrain since March 2011.

2011 Sierra is turning out to be a great truck.
I've owned the truck for 2 weeks and haven't got a mileage reading yet.
The truck had a previous owner and had 14,000 miles when I got her.

Pics will be posted as I get the garage setup :)

pondscum 01-03-2013 06:30 PM

my gmc's

1 Attachment(s)
Let's see if this works

pondscum 01-06-2013 05:49 PM

This forum is amazingly INactive. Bye.

D-Rett 01-23-2013 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2013 Terrain Denali-Iridium Metallic
Bought December 24th; Love it so far. Gas mileage averaging around 19 combined. Ride is great. Love all the features included with the Denali version.

Discdad 02-09-2013 10:27 AM

Love my Terrain but need rear wiper 😎

Bought my 2010 SLT brand new and I've loved it ever since. My other ride is an Acura luxury loaded out with all the tech bells & whistles, but I still choose to drive my Terrain every day. No issues with its performance, it's size, it's hauling capability, it's mileage, or its great looks. I have the merlot with black leather and chrome rims. The only thing I'm searching for now is a replacement rear window wiper blade. It seems that none of the local auto parts stores have anything that fits, and it's a bit of a drive to our regional GMC house. Any ideas out there?