GMC Forums

GMC Forums (https://gmcowners.com/gmc-forum/index.php)
-   GMC Acadia Forum (https://gmcowners.com/gmc-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Oil consumption GMC Acadia (https://gmcowners.com/gmc-forum/showthread.php?t=23779)

bray79 04-28-2014 07:07 PM

Oil consumption GMC Acadia

Hi all. I have 2011 GMC Acadia with a 3.6 liter V6 that I bought new. I have been experiencing oil consumption issues since about 30,000 miles. GM has been aware of it and has consistently said that it was within specs. it was burning about 3/4 at every 2000 miles. Well, it now has about 63,000 miles and in my last test at the dealer it burned 1quart in the first 1500 miles, another quart in the next 1700 miles and only 3/4 quart the last 1900 miles. I believe it is out of spec, but GM is giving me the runaround and wants me to continue monitoring it. Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed? I want to get this fixed before my powertrain warranty runs out. I'm feeling very frustrated. Thanks for any help you all can offer.
Brian

GMC Customer Service 04-28-2014 09:10 PM

Hello bray79,

We are sorry to hear that you are having concerns with the oil consumption in your 2011 GMC Acadia. We'd be happy to document your concerns in our database. If you'd like our assistance, please send us a private message with your contact information and VIN. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Andraya R.
GMC Customer Care

bray79 04-29-2014 10:21 AM

Hi Andraya,
I will be more than happy to submit a private message to you, thank you for your interest. I would like to keep this thread going though to see if there are any others that may see it and give me their opinion on whether the engine is within specification.

GMC Customer Service 04-29-2014 08:53 PM

Hey bray79,

We look forward to hear from you!

Kristen A. (Assisting Andraya)
GMC Customer Care

bray79 04-30-2014 08:09 AM

I sent a private message to you yesterday. Please let me know if you did not get it.
Thanks

bray79 05-10-2014 06:38 AM

I have been updated by the dealership that even though it used 2 quarts in 3400 miles that it is still within GM specification.Are there any other owners out there having the same problem?

Mancadia 07-24-2014 12:33 PM

Are you still having this issue? Did GM ever give you an adequate solution/resolution to your concern? How often do you add/change you oil to moniter the fluid level? Thanks!

bray79 08-24-2014 05:08 PM

hi Mancadia, yes I am still having the problem..The dealership is trying to fix it right now. They actually rebuilt the motor last week. My wife picked it up and it broke down on her while she was driving home. They towed it back in to see what went wrong. They are trying to fix it, and I appreciate their efforts...I just feel that I may have gotten a bad car from the start.

Parts007 08-27-2014 03:28 PM

Tell them you want a new engine from gm, or tell them to buy the vehicle back

Bettinas 12-10-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bray79 (Post 44371)
Hi all. I have 2011 GMC Acadia with a 3.6 liter V6 that I bought new. I have been experiencing oil consumption issues since about 30,000 miles. GM has been aware of it and has consistently said that it was within specs. it was burning about 3/4 at every 2000 miles. Well, it now has about 63,000 miles and in my last test at the dealer it burned 1quart in the first 1500 miles, another quart in the next 1700 miles and only 3/4 quart the last 1900 miles. I believe it is out of spec, but GM is giving me the runaround and wants me to continue monitoring it. Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed? I want to get this fixed before my powertrain warranty runs out. I'm feeling very frustrated. Thanks for any help you all can offer.
Brian

We have had the same problem with our 2011 Acadia. Burning oil, up to 2 quarts between oil changes. We have been going through oil consumption tests, every 500 miles with our local dealer for over a year. In July, GM finally agreed that our engine was indeed burning oil but my "Acadia was the only known vehicle in the country to be having this issue." I was told other models like the Terrain had been but that there was no record of an Acadia. (I don't buy that) GM was hesitant to authorize an engine replacement and opted to try a top engine clean instead. Well, here we are at our next oil change and what do you know? Down 2 quarts of oil, again.