Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just Click here!

gmc forums   gmc forums

Go Back   GMC Forums > GMC Vehicles Currently In Production > GMC Acadia Forum

Advertisements
cars connected social network

GMC Acadia Forum Forum for discussions regarding the GMC Acadia

GMC Forum: 2008 GMC transmission problem?

Old 07-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Drives a

Default 2008 GMC transmission problem?

I have a 2008 Acadia with 60510 miles on it. I'm not really sure what the current problem might be but from what I see online in regards to problems similar to mine... it seems like it most likely is a transmission failure. My RPM goes from 2-5 but my car doesn't speed up after making a complete stop. It makes a slight jerking movement when it is trying to change from different speed shifts.

The saga of problems on 2008 Acadia continues ever since i purchased it on 2011 with 38000 miles on it. First, after a few weeks, the breaks started to make a clicking noise whenever i pressed on it... took it to the dealer and they said the brake fluids needs to be flushed or something which cost $150-ish. Then it was the steering wheel that started shaking when braking... the dealer service people fixed that for free.
After a few more months, it was the passenger seat... something came out the roller system and the seat was unable to slide backward or forward. The seat had to completely taken out and replaced with new rollers which cost me about $900-ish to do that.
There was jerking movements with extreme steering wheel shaking when trying to press on brake. Took it to the GMC dealer service but was going to get charged $150 something just for the diagnostic and additional cost for anything needs to be fixed $$$. They weren't sure of what the problem could be. I took it to a small auto body shop, the mechanic knew what the problem is right away and took care of it for only $250.

Now the current problem possible could be transmission failure. Oh... the shock on the trunk opener are out as well.
BTW... the daylight went out the very first day I bought it in 2011. Replaced it several times and it keeps going out. The inside placer for the daylight is melted as well. I asked if there were any recalls on the daylight as they were melting and could be dangerous.. but the GMC dealer service people said that there were no recalls and that it would okay if I turned it off everytime i start the car. What it this? It's very first GM car and looks like it my very last GM car.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:01 PM
AUTHORIZED VENDOR
AUTHORIZED VENDOR
Drives a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyakpa View Post
I have a 2008 Acadia with 60510 miles on it. I'm not really sure what the current problem might be but from what I see online in regards to problems similar to mine... it seems like it most likely is a transmission failure. My RPM goes from 2-5 but my car doesn't speed up after making a complete stop. It makes a slight jerking movement when it is trying to change from different speed shifts.

The saga of problems on 2008 Acadia continues ever since i purchased it on 2011 with 38000 miles on it. First, after a few weeks, the breaks started to make a clicking noise whenever i pressed on it... took it to the dealer and they said the brake fluids needs to be flushed or something which cost $150-ish. Then it was the steering wheel that started shaking when braking... the dealer service people fixed that for free.
After a few more months, it was the passenger seat... something came out the roller system and the seat was unable to slide backward or forward. The seat had to completely taken out and replaced with new rollers which cost me about $900-ish to do that.
There was jerking movements with extreme steering wheel shaking when trying to press on brake. Took it to the GMC dealer service but was going to get charged $150 something just for the diagnostic and additional cost for anything needs to be fixed $$$. They weren't sure of what the problem could be. I took it to a small auto body shop, the mechanic knew what the problem is right away and took care of it for only $250.

Now the current problem possible could be transmission failure. Oh... the shock on the trunk opener are out as well.
BTW... the daylight went out the very first day I bought it in 2011. Replaced it several times and it keeps going out. The inside placer for the daylight is melted as well. I asked if there were any recalls on the daylight as they were melting and could be dangerous.. but the GMC dealer service people said that there were no recalls and that it would okay if I turned it off everytime i start the car. What it this? It's very first GM car and looks like it my very last GM car.
Hello,

I am sorry to learn that you have concerns about your vehicle. Private message if I can be of assistance.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care
Old 10-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Drives a

Default 2008 Acadia transmission fail only 64k miles

Driving 45mph, when suddenly didn't seem to have power. Called my husband and he asked me to try a couple things and found out I only had 2nd gear. Had car towed to dealership where I was informed that clutch wave plate failed and required new transmission. Because I've had the vehicle over 5 years, it wasn't covered under warranty. Can't believe with all the complaints on this transmission that GM isn't offering a recall or help with assistance. I've talked 2 of my friends into buying Acadia because of my experience. Thank goodness they bought after 2010 which coincidentally GM revamped the entire transmission. Coincidence? I think not!
We have been loyal purchasers of GM for 25 years and my husband is Safety Coordinator so puts many miles on his pickups and replaces ever 18 months or so. His company has always bought GM for their fleet. Our opinion has now changed unfortunately GM's decision to disregard the issues with this transmission and willingness to help with the cost of repairs ($4500) lost them more than their assistance ever would have. The company and us personally will be looking to other Manufacturers for our buying needs!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Drives a

I own a 2008 Acadia, the transmission went out while I was driving with my 6 month old son in the car. We could have been killed or killed someone else. GMC rebuilt transmission under warranty. The transmission is breaking again 26,000 mi later. GMC will not cover repairs. Its been 5 years and 108,000mi. They only cover rebuilt transmission for 12,000mi. GMC technician told me I was LUCKY to get another 26,000mi out of transmission. GMC knows this transmission is defective and DANGEROUS! I have filed a complaint with NHTSA.GOV.
A GMC Customer Service Rep contacted me through this forum. Case #71-1251973996 They were NO help. Just delayed the time my car was in the shop by 2 days.
I have contacted a CLASS ACTION lawyer. If anyone is interested in getting involved in the class action lawsuit please email me ASAP Mattmayberry80@yahoo.com
Old 12-07-2013, 09:27 AM
AUTHORIZED VENDOR
AUTHORIZED VENDOR
Drives a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM View Post
I own a 2008 Acadia, the transmission went out while I was driving with my 6 month old son in the car. We could have been killed or killed someone else. GMC rebuilt transmission under warranty. The transmission is breaking again 26,000 mi later. GMC will not cover repairs. Its been 5 years and 108,000mi. They only cover rebuilt transmission for 12,000mi. GMC technician told me I was LUCKY to get another 26,000mi out of transmission. GMC knows this transmission is defective and DANGEROUS! I have filed a complaint with NHTSA.GOV.
A GMC Customer Service Rep contacted me through this forum. Case #71-1251973996 They were NO help. Just delayed the time my car was in the shop by 2 days.
I have contacted a CLASS ACTION lawyer. If anyone is interested in getting involved in the class action lawsuit please email me ASAP Mattmayberry80@yahoo.com
Hello Matt,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your Acadia and the transmission. I do see that your file is still currently open so I will document your concerns within that file and notify your agent of these interactions. If you do intend on pursuing legal council, then we are unable to continue to interact with you due to attorney/client privilege. I have documented these concerns in your file on your behalf, please let me know if there is anything additional I can assist you with.

Gregory W.
GMC Customer Care
Registered members see less ads. Please sign up! We'd love to have you...