03 yukon electrical issues

joaa

Reaction score
I was on pavement then hit gravel with a pretty good bump then the motor lost power and the door locks went eratic.
It died and restarted a few times then the starter started to kick in and out as I was cranking it. It sounded like if trying to jump the starter with a rusty screwdriver'
A friend came and took the trailer off the yukon and trailered me home with my own trailer, We winched it on and then it started and ran fine until Iput the front chain on and went to reverse to tighten the chain and under power it started the door locks and loss of power just about the time the tires bwgan to spin but not in drive. ?????
Today it starts and runs normal and I got under it and jerked the wiring around and still runs fine. Its pretty hard to fix what aint broke. Ideas? HELP!
Oh and the reduced power light came on and is now off?
Please and THANK YOU

Stever

Reaction score
I was on pavement then hit gravel with a pretty good bump then the motor lost power and the door locks went eratic.
It died and restarted a few times then the starter started to kick in and out as I was cranking it. It sounded like if trying to jump the starter with a rusty screwdriver'
A friend came and took the trailer off the yukon and trailered me home with my own trailer, We winched it on and then it started and ran fine until Iput the front chain on and went to reverse to tighten the chain and under power it started the door locks and loss of power just about the time the tires bwgan to spin but not in drive. ?????
Today it starts and runs normal and I got under it and jerked the wiring around and still runs fine. Its pretty hard to fix what aint broke. Ideas? HELP!
Oh and the reduced power light came on and is now off?
Please and THANK YOU
Remove the cover on top of your engine, look for a single wire running to the back of the engine, this is a ground wire. It gets corroded where it is attached, back where you can't see. Make sure you have the right wire, wiggle it a few times, it will probably break on off. Then bring it up to the firewall and find a place to reground it. Simple as that!