1999 GMC Jimmy not starting

JHyatt87

Reaction score
Let me start out by saying that I am NOT a mechanic. I only have limited experience. So here is the issue with my Jimmy. It was running fine, no problems at all. Then one day it would not start. At first it was turning over but not starting. Then it would only make a clicking noise. I attempted to jump start it but it would not crank.
Had the battery tested and it was bad. Had to buy a new battery. When I installed it the Jimmy started but was running sluggish. Once it warmed up it ran fine, no issues.
The next day it would not start again. It turns over but will not start. I and everyone I have talked to said "fuel pump." But the fuel pump comes on when the key is turned on. I can hear it humming for 2 or 3 seconds.
I have attempted to jump start it again thinking maybe it is the alternator. But it still will not start. Any thoughts?

blueknight1979

Reaction score
That was indeed the problem. I replaced it but now have a new problem. It started leaking fuel from the top of the gas tank.

Go back and check your work. Make sure you put everything back correctly. Including the gaskets and clamps.