2001 GMC Yukon XL wont fire nor start?

Joe

Reaction score
The rig was running and the other nite it died while driving.. next day it started up for about 30 seconds if that and died.. I have replaced: battery, altenator, checked starter and replaced spark plugs, airfilter, fuel pump relay works, all ignition fuses work, fuel pump is fairly new as is the filter.. I smell gas coming from the exhaust and have added new fuel to it and made sure cap was on. Still doesn't wanna fire up even though it seems all elements of a four stroke cycle are there... any ideas cause I'm at a stop...

Molson02536

Reaction score
The rig was running and the other nite it died while driving.. next day it started up for about 30 seconds if that and died.. I have replaced: battery, altenator, checked starter and replaced spark plugs, airfilter, fuel pump relay works, all ignition fuses work, fuel pump is fairly new as is the filter.. I smell gas coming from the exhaust and have added new fuel to it and made sure cap was on. Still doesn't wanna fire up even though it seems all elements of a four stroke cycle are there... any ideas cause I'm at a stop...

You could have a bad ICM (Ignition Control Module) or a bad crank shaft sensor. Are there any check engine light on????? The ICM can be removed and tested at Auto Zone or Parts Source.

Start with these things mentioned and post back.;)
Good luck and be safe