2001 jimmy SLT Ignition remains on when vehicle is off

Blake

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to the group. I have a 2001 jimmy SLT. Vehicle starts up beautifully. Everything works. No check engine lights. Nothing glitches out when driving or engine running. Problem is when I go to take the key out. There seems to be power to headlamps in the front, front and rear parking brakes, the automatic 4 wheel drive stays illuminated, if I switch the blower fan to any position other then off, it will keep blowing. So I checked all the fuses and I mean all the fuses. They are all good, no breaks. If I pull the fuses for the BCM on the inside of the cab by drivers door. Fuses 3,4,5 & 7 then the lights on the inside and gauges turn off. But the headlamps and parking brake lights still stay on even with the key out ignition off. Only when I pull the head lamp relay and parking brake fuse do they turn off. I'm was told it was the body control module but that doesn't explain the headlamps and parking brake lights staying on. Was wondering your thoughts on my dilemma? Any help or guidance would be extremely appreciated.