2001 Safari 4.3 ...update

Willstox

update.: I have yet to do anything to the van.......simply because I've been layed off and Im scared to spend money but.....I went out to the van today and just for the heck of it I tryed to start it and sure enough it fired right up, took it around the block and it did fine, pulled it into the drive way and it acted as if it was getting no gas??? sputtering and such, also I noticed a real strong order....like rotten egg's....like a bad battery but it was coming from the tail pipe. I am thinking if the computer is bad, it could of just been a fluke and started and the computer no doing it's job with emmision's is the cause of the smell? Now it act's like it want's to start but wont......fuel filter? I had the codes cleared and no codes are showing right now? Any thought's?...Will

p.s. I did replace the crank sensor (because that was the code I got ) then the P1683 code showed up after I changed it??

Molson02536

update.: I have yet to do anything to the van.......simply because I've been layed off and Im scared to spend money but.....I went out to the van today and just for the heck of it I tryed to start it and sure enough it fired right up, took it around the block and it did fine, pulled it into the drive way and it acted as if it was getting no gas??? sputtering and such, also I noticed a real strong order....like rotten egg's....like a bad battery but it was coming from the tail pipe. I am thinking if the computer is bad, it could of just been a fluke and started and the computer no doing it's job with emmision's is the cause of the smell? Now it act's like it want's to start but wont......fuel filter? I had the codes cleared and no codes are showing right now? Any thought's?...Will

p.s. I did replace the crank sensor (because that was the code I got ) then the P1683 code showed up after I changed it??
Its a PCM internal error fault. Make sure all your grounds are clean and tight and the PCM Connectors aren't full of water, then have the PCM put in for testing.

The other thing you may want to try is have your ICM checked also, i know it's a shot in the dark. But it could be as simple as that also.

Good luck and keep us posted. PS, its free to have your ICM tested at Auto Zone or Parts Source.:D

Molson02536