2002 Yukon Denali cluster issue.

HammeR

It started with my cluster along with my trip computer cutting off and back on as I hit bumps. Then it got worse cutting off more often on smaller bumps. Then yesterday it and the trip/info center above the CD changer both went off and stayed off. The cel and back illumination still work. The lights for the blinkers work as well. I've checked all fuses related to the instrument cluster. I've heard that maybe the cluster has just gone bad but I wo der if that would also cut power to the trip computer. I need a little help here. Thanks in advance. UPDATE: I just plugged in my code reader to clear the cel for an unrelated issue and when I plugged it in the cluster and trip computer came on! But wont stay on unless I leave the reader plugged in.Very confused now.

Last edited:

HammeR

Problem solved. For those of you having the same issue. There is a ground wire on the backside of the engine coming from the harness to the engine. It has become frayed and may have broken loose. In my case it was off completely. So I moved it over the the braided engine ground on the driver side firewall and it fixed the problems.