2004 GMC Canyon no fan speeds working?

Jesse

Reaction score
None of my fan speeds are working in my truck. i replaced my fan blower resistor and harness a while back because my 1-3 fan speeds didnt work only my 4. But know none work. I was driving and had my fan set on 3, i touch it to turn it down and my fan shut off. so i checked my fuses and they where fine, i checked my fan motor and it was getting power. i went ahead and changed the resistor again and the harness but that didn't work. any ideas?

Molson02536

Reaction score
None of my fan speeds are working in my truck. i replaced my fan blower resistor and harness a while back because my 1-3 fan speeds didnt work only my 4. But know none work. I was driving and had my fan set on 3, i touch it to turn it down and my fan shut off. so i checked my fuses and they where fine, i checked my fan motor and it was getting power. i went ahead and changed the resistor again and the harness but that didn't work. any ideas?

Switch it self has gone bad and will need to be replaced, you may get luck and inspect the switch to see if the damage can be repaired. The plastic on the back of the switch where the harness will melt forming an insulation between the contacts. :eek:

With what you have described, it sounds like your blower motor has died and will need to be replaced it self. :eek: