2006 Sierra beeping noise when truck starts?

bigduly

Reaction score
Recently when I started my 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 work truck, beeping noise beeps about 5 times then ends. I thought it was something with the check engine oil notification, but I had an oil change. The check engine oil notification stopped but the beeping still remains. Yesterday I drove 140 miles one way and the beeping started half way through. Can you tell me what this warning maybe? Thank You!

Reaction score
It could be any number of things that could be going on with the vehicle. Is there a light associated with this dinging? If anything having the vehicle checked over to make sure there isn't anything setting off a warning would be a good idea. Let us know what you plan on doing.

Jeff Morris, GMC Customer Service

bigduly

Reaction score
There is no lights associated with the beeping or any other messages. So I started the truck and first beeping is the usual no seat belts beep. Than this beeping goes off for a good 5 seconds. There is nothing on the manual about this beeping. I will probably just take it to autozone for their free checking. And maybe it will show any warnings.

leftrightother

Reaction score
My 07 does this after I replace the radio with an aftermarket radio. Is your still stock radio?

bigduly

Reaction score
Ok, my starter went out a couple of days ago. I thought the beeps were for this issue. So I went ahead and replaced the starter on Saturday. The issue was fixed and still the beeping exists. I went ahead and did this procedure, hoping it will take care of the problem. But this only works for one cycle.

Here is the procedure.

To reset the Engine Oil Life System, do the following:

Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine off.
Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds.
If the OIL LIFE RESET message displays for 10 seconds, the system is resetting.
Turn the ignition key to LOCK. If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL message comes back on when you start your vehicle, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure. If it still does not reset, see your dealer for service.

Wilson12345

Reaction score
It could be any number of things that could be going on with the vehicle. Is there a light associated with this dinging? If anything having the vehicle checked over to make sure there isn't anything setting off a warning would be a good idea. Let us know what you plan on doing.

Jeff Morris, GMC Customer Service
Mine just started doing it 2 days ago.
no lights just beeping