2007/08 GMC acadia lights?

milesd95

Reaction score
Hi, my mother has a 2007 or 2008 gmc acadia, and when you open the doors none of the interior lights come on... could be a potential problem at night and its just a PITA. i've gone through all the settings on the onboard computer and even reset to factory and they still dont come on... any thoughts?

Molson02536

Reaction score
Hi, my mother has a 2007 or 2008 gmc acadia, and when you open the doors none of the interior lights come on... could be a potential problem at night and its just a PITA. i've gone through all the settings on the onboard computer and even reset to factory and they still dont come on... any thoughts?

From the Getting to Know Your Acadia manual:

Dome Lamps:
The dome lamps will come on when a door is open. The lamps also can be
turned on by fully rotating the instrument panel brightness control knob clockwise.

There is an override button just above the button used for adjusting the dash light brightness. You can push the override button if you don't want the interior lights to come on when a door is opened. To disable the dome lamps, press the (Dome Lamp Override) button located above the instrument panel brightness control knob.

The button was VERY hard to find, but it is definitely there. It does not even look like a button. It is right around the switch for the heated washed fluid above your left kneee and slightly below the level of the steering wheel. You might have to get out of the car to see it easily. Push it and the interior lights should come on again. ;)

Not sure what the override is but did you check the dome light button just above your left knee? It is not an obvios switch but it does turn on and off the dome lights and can be easily missed, Good luck. :D