2016 Yukon GPS/Compass Calibration

jackman1000

Reaction score
My factory Nav stopped working last weekend. CAL is displayed in the dash display and GPS displays on the NAV screen with a red line through it. I can't find any settings to run a calibration. Is there a process or do I have to take it in for service?

redenbacher

Reaction score
I wished someone had found a solution to your problem. I have almost the exact issue happening to me. My 2015 Sierra has an inoperable compass about 99% of the time. Occasionally it starts working but goes out again. I do not have factory NAV but I have navigation through On Star. It also cannot find my vehicle when the compass is inoperable. My dealer only told me to find an empty parking lot and slowly turn a complete circle and the compass will recalibrate. That has not solved my issue. I can't believe we are the only two GMC owners with this issue.

Smokin' Denali

Reaction score
I dont have Manual in front of me But I recall you have to press something first ( Compass Green LED on mirror or something in the CONFIG Menu on Dash) .....then drive in big circle!

Donny

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2016 Yukon Denali. It’s 99% inoperative as well. I don’t have the calibrate message, but on the nav icon there are only dots displayed. I don’t have a calibration option either.

Cajun77

Reaction score
Having the same issue with my 2016 GMC Yukon. Red line through GPS and it says I’m parked in the middle of a lake 200 miles away. Purchased a navigation update that was recommended in another forum but it did not work.