2017 GMC Acadia Sunroof Shade

robotewa

Reaction score
Usually, when the sunroof shade is closed and you vent the sunroof, the shade will pop open. After 3 or 4 times of doing this, the shade stopped popping open. I thought this was ok because I can have the shade closed and you get some airflow through the shade.

One time I went to open the sunroof fully and the shade didn't unlatch like it should, and the shade clip broke. I think the sunroof pinched the clip and snapped it Now the shade won't stay closed. Has anyone else had this issue?

Sal Collaziano

Staff member
Reaction score
Usually, when the sunroof shade is closed and you vent the sunroof, the shade will pop open. After 3 or 4 times of doing this, the shade stopped popping open. I thought this was ok because I can have the shade closed and you get some airflow through the shade.

One time I went to open the sunroof fully and the shade didn't unlatch like it should, and the shade clip broke. I think the sunroof pinched the clip and snapped it Now the shade won't stay closed. Has anyone else had this issue?

I don't want to say I wish more people had this problem - but for your sake - it would be good. Have you bumped into anyone else who's had the same issue?

JMV

Reaction score
Ditto

Trying to clip the shade to the sliding roof vs the fixed position in the roof (so I can open the roof partially but still be shaded from the sun). Pulled and pulled trying to get the thing attached. Finally got the thing to attach only to snap off right as I let go.
A really cheap plastic clip not capable of doing the job. Not really pleased. I'm hoping this is covered under the bumper to bumper warranty.

JMV

Reaction score
Went to the dealer today. Ordered the part, fortunately just the clip not the whole shade. Should be here next week. Will not be attempting to ever attach to the moving roof again.

tacocat

Reaction score
Do you happen to have the part # they ordered? I'm having the same issue and need to order the part.

G

G-76052

Yes. Happening! What was your answer to fix the clip problem. Please advise mo