2018 Canyon Transmission Shudder

drandle

Reaction score
Getting close to the 60K mileage warranty and my truck still has the Torque Converter shudder. I've had it to 3 different dealerships under warranty and all they will do is a "tripple flush" on the transmission fluid which I'm not exactly sure what a tripple flush is... It supposedly has the new and improved fluid in it but the shudder is still there. Has anyone gotten their Torque Converter changed under warranty on this? I have had several cases open with GMC but they all say the same thing... bring it to a dealership... obviously the dealerships aren't willing to do swap out the converter...

Bluedog66

Reaction score
Getting close to the 60K mileage warranty and my truck still has the Torque Converter shudder. I've had it to 3 different dealerships under warranty and all they will do is a "tripple flush" on the transmission fluid which I'm not exactly sure what a tripple flush is... It supposedly has the new and improved fluid in it but the shudder is still there. Has anyone gotten their Torque Converter changed under warranty on this? I have had several cases open with GMC but they all say the same thing... bring it to a dealership... obviously the dealerships aren't willing to do swap out the converter...
Same thing happened to my 2016 canyon. Dealership replaced the torque converter under warranty right at end of the drive train warranty period (60k). Said it would have been $4000. They never mentioned a transmission flush. Now at 70k miles and problem has started again. In recent follow up with dealership, they couldn't get me scheduled right away because they already have TWO other torque converter jobs on the schedule. My first repair took two weeks. Your dealership may be giving you the runaround waiting for the warranty to run out. I hoping my dealership does the right thing like with the first failure. Just 10k more miles on mine and TC fails again! After this experience I am moving to Ford or Dodge or Toyota.