2019 GMC 1500 Trailer TPMS Issue

Stlmatt

Reaction score
Hello: All
I bought a 2019 GMC Sierra SLT last July, my truck included 4 tire pressure sensors for a trailer and that I should be able to monitor the tire pressure from inside the truck.
Well I had the sensors installed in my camper tires, then I tried to go through the setup process to get the truck to link up to them....but no luck. I then took it to my dealer and they tried and couldn't get them to work.....then told me it was due to a pending software update for the tool (programmer) the dealer issues to set up the TPMS. I find this hard to believe...several months have past and still no "software update", I am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, or are you using the trailer tire sensors????

Thanks Stlmatt

chasesfish

Reaction score
Hello: All
I bought a 2019 GMC Sierra SLT last July, my truck included 4 tire pressure sensors for a trailer and that I should be able to monitor the tire pressure from inside the truck.
Well I had the sensors installed in my camper tires, then I tried to go through the setup process to get the truck to link up to them....but no luck. I then took it to my dealer and they tried and couldn't get them to work.....then told me it was due to a pending software update for the tool (programmer) the dealer issues to set up the TPMS. I find this hard to believe...several months have past and still no "software update", I am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, or are you using the trailer tire sensors????

Thanks Stlmatt
So now it is 2021, and I have the same issue as you. I haven't returned to the dealer for this yet but I was wondering if you had this issue resolved?

G

G-681852

So now it is 2021, and I have the same issue as you. I haven't returned to the dealer for this yet but I was wondering if you had this issue resolved?
Here's the deal......NOT one dealer knew how to program the tpms for the trailer. You MUST set up a New trailer in the truck profile, you can NOT program the sensors to an existing trailer profile. Once you select New trailer setup, it will enter the program mode (dealer can use several TPMS programmers) once they are programmed you can use the info/data in a previous trailer profile for the New trailer info......the Key is you HAVE to set up a New trailer in the truck/screen in order for it to go into program mode.

chasesfish

Reaction score
Here's the deal......NOT one dealer knew how to program the tpms for the trailer. You MUST set up a New trailer in the truck profile, you can NOT program the sensors to an existing trailer profile. Once you select New trailer setup, it will enter the program mode (dealer can use several TPMS programmers) once they are programmed you can use the info/data in a previous trailer profile for the New trailer info......the Key is you HAVE to set up a New trailer in the truck/screen in order for it to go into program mode.
Thank you very much for the response. I think I understand what you are saying but let's see.........you say "the Key is you HAVE to set up a New trailer in the truck/screen in order for it to go into program mode". This seems like what I was doing. I bring up the trailer app on the screen and then I built a new trailer profile using the app and it stepped me through and then it said "do you want to set up to read the tire pressure" I said "yes" and then i selected "4 tires" and then the next screen gave me a "start button". When I press the button the truck does not "blow horn twice" but it does show me a trailer and it says to go to tire #1. I then let out pressure in that tire until a "green check" shows up and then it says go to tire two, three, and four giving me a green check at each tire and then it gives me a "Done" button to push. Never does the horn blow during this process and it does not "blow twice" when it is done. Then all of the information goes away like the procedure was not done at all. I just don't think it goes into the "Program mode" at all. Am I doing something wrong?