98 4.3 performance mods?

wheelman57

Reaction score
Im looking to make some modifications to my 98 4.3. I would like to add performance, any suggestions? I would like improve the 4.3 first and if nothing available for that, then maybe a V8 swap.

Mr.Joshua98s-15

Reaction score
Im looking to make some modifications to my 98 4.3. I would like to add performance, any suggestions? I would like improve the 4.3 first and if nothing available for that, then maybe a V8 swap.
You could start with the throttle body mod.

Reaction score
I ditched the TBI on mine, deleted the EGR, as well as the rest of the computer crap, swapped in a 2114 edelbrock with a 4bbl 1405 500cfm carb, a 65k HEI distributor, bored .030 over, new heads, headers, and 3" exhaust so far...I'm liking it...thinking about a cam upgrade and maybe dropping a grand on some E Streets next.

Reaction score
I ditched the TBI on mine, deleted the EGR, as well as the rest of the computer crap, swapped in a 2114 edelbrock with a 4bbl 1405 500cfm carb, a 65k HEI distributor, bored .030 over, new heads, headers, and 3" exhaust so farI also got rid of the clutch fan and went dual electric...I'm liking it...thinking about a cam upgrade and maybe dropping a grand on some E Streets next.I have a 96 4.3l, although it's basically a 98 S10 now, since I swapped out the core support for the 98, put in a nice chrome grill and some dual halo led projectors.

wheelman57

Reaction score
Thanks guys, sorry to be away so long, I'm not the greatest at staying on my computer regularly.
Joshua: what kind of throttle body mod? Larger?
Sonoma Hater: You are above my pay grade however, I really like what you submitted, thank you! I will analyze your post and get to work on it.