99 suburban security p1626

burgiedanny

Reaction score
I have a 99 gmc suburban that starts for 1 second then dies. The fuel pressure was reading low and not holding pressure so I changed the fuel pump, now its doing the exact same thing but I got a code that wasn't there before, p1626 Theft Deterrent Fuel Enable Signal Not Received. I tried bypassing the security system with the resistor on the yellow wire by the ignition, didn't work. I tried replacing the BCM twice, didn't work. I tried the re-learn procedure, didn't work. As far as I can tell, when doing the relearn procedure, you turn on the ignition to the on position for 11 min. the security light goes off then you turn ignition to the off position for 30 sec. you do this 3x. The problem I'm having is the security light never goes out, it doesn't blink or anything. I've left it for 30 min and it never goes out. Anybody got any suggestions? I've thought of the fuel pressure regulator but with the 1626 code, I don't think it would help. On a side note this truck belongs to a friend of mine and has sat broken down for 2 years!