AFM/DFM Disabling

Scoo1ter

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Sierra 1500 Denali w/6.2L and 10 speed and am looking to put a Borla cat-back exhaust upgrade in. Is there any aftermarket AFM/DFM disabling device on the market which will not void the warranty?

Last edited:
G

G-866704

I am going to install a 5" Magna-Flow DPF back exhaust replacing the stock 4". It is my understanding that this will not impact my 5yr/100k warranty, BUT, if an issue arises wherein the dealer can prove that the installation of that aftermarket item did cause the issue the warranteed issue will not be covered. Furthermore; If we make any changes which result in the failure of the vehicle to pass an emmissions test that the vehicle should be able to pass with factory emmissions equipment, the dealership can refuse to work on the vehicle until said vehicle passes said emmissions testing.

I had a 2020 GMC AT4 1500 which I put a Borla Cat back exhaust and it was awesome!!!

Scoo1ter

Reaction score
I am going to install a 5" Magna-Flow DPF back exhaust replacing the stock 4". It is my understanding that this will not impact my 5yr/100k warranty, BUT, if an issue arises wherein the dealer can prove that the installation of that aftermarket item did cause the issue the warranteed issue will not be covered. Furthermore; If we make any changes which result in the failure of the vehicle to pass an emmissions test that the vehicle should be able to pass with factory emmissions equipment, the dealership can refuse to work on the vehicle until said vehicle passes said emmissions testing.

I had a 2020 GMC AT4 1500 which I put a Borla Cat back exhaust and it was awesome!!!
Which Borla did you install (touring, s-type or ATAK)?