Asking again bacuse no one actually answers.

cyphercrash

Reaction score
Body is a 1996 Jimmy, motor was definitely replaced. No idea what year motor because no one will answer. Look up the plug for a 96 jimmy you get (ACdelco) 41-993 a thin gasket seat plug. This plug does NOT fit in my vehicle. The 41-803 tapered seat, does, however this plug comes gapped at .45 where specs say .60 this I believe has caused several issues.

MY THEORY: The crank position sensor notices the crank is not where expected because the spark is spiking the crank harder and faster due to the smaller gap. The cps attempts to adjust the timing, the throttle position sensor now notices that the timing is retarded and attempts to adjust the rpm and then the rest of the system fails while driving the motor literally goes into idle while at 45 MPH and flooring it will not change a thing.

mogleybear

Reaction score
Not trying to be rude or anything, but reading your post, I'm not even sure what you are asking. Asking for someone to identify what year a swapped out motor is in your vehicle based on a spark plug is a pretty far fetched question. If that is indeed what you are asking. As far as the other "question", you have provided a theory with no real information of what the problems are other than drops to idle and applying throttle does nothing.

I hope someone can help you, but I can't and based on this I wouldn't hold my breath.

Good luck.

Jason6937

Reaction score
If you pull a valve cover and see if your rocker arms are adjustable or not that will give you an idea

shaynehardy

Reaction score
re-read this post and just have to say, if the spark plug for the year and model of your vehicle does not fit your vehicle, where are you getting the spark plug gap spec from? if your finding it on a sticker under the hood, its most likely wrong due to the fact your engine has been replaced, if your going by what the preset of the plug is, also problem wrong, in order to determine gap you NEED to know what engine and to find what engine you have you need to locate the block stamp, should be on top of motor at back by firewall,