ECM location!!

Boycottcabbage

Reaction score
where is the Engine control module located on a 2000 GMC sierra?? Mine is acting up and im not 100% on where the new one is under the hood.... a fast response would be awesome

Last edited:

Wartsnuff

Reaction score
I would say correct behind the glovebox

otherwise passenger kick panel... but i dont think so!

follow the harness ?

cheers & Good Luck
Warts

Molson02536

Reaction score
where is the Engine control module located on a 2000 GMC sierra?? Mine is acting up and im not 100% on where the new one is under the hood.... a fast response would be awesome

It's under the hood right above the steering box (covered with black plastic cover). You can pop the cover off by hand, and the connectors require a 7mm socket. The clip on top of the PCM may require pliers if this is the first time that the PCM is being removed.

Good luck and keep us posted. ;)

Molson02536

Boycottcabbage

Reaction score
I got on alldata and the picture stated that its right next to the battery in that little black plastic case.

TasRacing

Reaction score
GMC Sierra 2005

I am changing my cab do to rust and want to swap over the ecm that remembers the mileage since I only have 80K on the truck. Which ecu retains the mileage and where is it located??

G

G-772231

I have 2000 chevy tcm not in owners manual I was told ecm and pcu