Factory warranty claim denied on my 2019 GMC Sierra SLT with dealership installed lift kit.

Hammer X31

Reaction score
I recently purchased from a local ford dealership a used 2019 GMC Sierra SLT X31 Texas edition truck(31000 miles) with a 6 inch Pro Comp III lift kit installed by DSI for a local GMC Buick dealership. Having the truck for only a month I started having problems. So I brought my new truck to this local GMC dealership to have it Serviced. They diagnosed that the front axle boot needed to be replaced but that the lift kit is the cause thereby my factory warranty will not cover it. I ask for there assistance to help me get it fix since their dealership had the lift kit installed on the truck when it was delivered to there lot in 2019. To no avail they are washing there hands of the matter and leaving it to me to figure it out. I haven’t even made my first payment on the truck yet. I am a disabled veteran and this is my first truck as well as GMC vehicle. If anyone knows how I can resolve this matter, please help. I just want to be able to ride in my new truck.

Reaction score
sadly my brother, when the first Owner authorizes a modification thats NOT OEM, he bears the risk. The Dealer didnt do it u say.....DSI did it at foirst owners request. GM isnt liable. I woulod jump on DSI for help! Best wishes!

mogleybear

Reaction score
While I agree that DSI should step up and help out, I will say that there are several dealerships in my area that ship their brand new trucks out to be modified with lift kits, bigger tires / wheels etc. They are brand new and sold as such with no first owner requesting the mods. Sure, they buy it because of they lift and what not, and maybe they do sign something saying that issues caused by the mods are not warranted by the vehicle manufacturer and are warranted by the modifying company. In my area Ford, Ram and GM all do this, mostly GM and Ram