Found rust from factory

Fla. Jim

Hello all I last week purchased a new 2019 Acadia Denali. So far I am very pleased with the ride and tech provided. I did however find some rust on the third seat hinges where it bolts to the floor. Quite a bit actually on both outer brackets. Also this am while checking the oil I found the horn hanger brackets were also rusted?? Guess the same place was used for these and perhaps other steel painted brackets. I hope that's all, but we will see what they do about it in a cpl days.

Sal Collaziano

Staff member
Hello all I last week purchased a new 2019 Acadia Denali. So far I am very pleased with the ride and tech provided. I did however find some rust on the third seat hinges where it bolts to the floor. Quite a bit actually on both outer brackets. Also this am while checking the oil I found the horn hanger brackets were also rusted?? Guess the same place was used for these and perhaps other steel painted brackets. I hope that's all, but we will see what they do about it in a cpl days.
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your new Acadia! What did the GMC replace for you?

Let's see what others say about the rust...

Fla. Jim

They have ordered the whole? cradle the third seat hinges on along with two new horns...Arriving when the strike is over sometime. Everyone at the "Gardner" dealership from sales person "Jason" to everyone else I have dealt with are the best I have ever seen at a Dealership. And at 69 yrs old that saying something!!

Fla. Jim

Wrong parts were ordered. They have reordered the right parts but of course they are back ordered for the seat hinge rust. The horns were replaced.