Front-end Conversion?????

Sonoma2216

Reaction score
How popular is the 2nd Gen Sonoma front end? I've heard S10 owners would rather have ours??? Personally I would like to have the 2nd Gen S10. Opinions? Thoughts?

OnlySonoma

Reaction score
I personally like the second gen Sonoma front end over the s10.
I'm not a fan of the line that goes through the lights.

sonoma bumper.jpg s10bumper.jpg

It looks even better when you remove the GMC logo.

3189630003_large.jpg

I found a picture online of somebody who has sort of a combination of the two that I like as well.

rangers10sonomacopy-1.jpg

Then there's always "that guy" that goes and does something like this...
eclipses10.jpg... yeeeea thats the front end of like a 1996 mitsubishi eclipse... LMAO

OnlySonoma

Reaction score
My 1995 Sonoma is 2nd Gen but has the older style headlights and grill.
dfdsfddsfds.jpg

I've never actually researched it but just by looking at the dimensions, I believe the newer style lights and grill should fit right in. :D

Every other Sonoma I see around town has the newer style lights, which is why I am reluctant to change mine. I like being different. :p

I've seen a few pictures of grills like this online as well but i cant find anywhere that sells them.
F134458788.jpg

Attachments

• xcsdfdsfdxcvc.jpg
    xcsdfdsfdxcvc.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 246

Sonoma2216

Reaction score
My 1995 Sonoma is 2nd Gen but has the older style headlights and grill.
View attachment 570

I've never actually researched it but just by looking at the dimensions, I believe the newer style lights and grill should fit right in. :D

Every other Sonoma I see around town has the newer style lights, which is why I am reluctant to change mine. I like being different. :p

I've seen a few pictures of grills like this online as well but i cant find anywhere that sells them.
View attachment 572

Im getting a 99 Sonoma and I like the front end, but a guy wanted to buy my front end and give me his. I didn't know how much of a demand they were.

OnlySonoma

Reaction score
And he would be giving you the front end from the same year S10?
I would keep the Sonoma FE and tell him to visit the local Pick-N-Pull...lol
On one website the bumper costs about $200 new and the grill is about $250, so I can understand why someone would want to trade instead of buying new. Although I bet there is probably a website that offers the parts for cheaper.

http://www.gmpartsdepot.ca/GMC__Sonoma.html

I totally understand why that guy would want his Chevy to look like a GM XD lol

Reaction score
How popular is the 2nd Gen Sonoma front end? I've heard S10 owners would rather have ours??? Personally I would like to have the 2nd Gen S10. Opinions? Thoughts?
I'm putting a 98 s10 core, grill, and dual halo led projectors on my 96 sonoma, and I love the new look!!