Headlamps won't light - help

karalyn

Evey once in a while when I start driving my headlights do not go on. My brights will work fine thankfully!. Usually if I play around with the knobs they will eventually go on. I have no idea why they do this. Now tonight coming back from the store I had only bright lights, no regualr lights again.
I can not get those headlights to work tonight for anything. Does any one here know the reason why they all of a sudden do not work, then will work for months, and then not work again. This has been going on for over 2 years. The brights will work but not the regular ones.
There must be a knob or something that I am accidently hitting to turn them off but where is it and how to fix it is the question.
Thanks for any help u have to offer.

Evey once in a while when I start driving my headlights do not go on. My brights will work fine thankfully!. Usually if I play around with the knobs they will eventually go on. I have no idea why they do this. Now tonight coming back from the store I had only bright lights, no regualr lights again.
I can not get those headlights to work tonight for anything. Does any one here know the reason why they all of a sudden do not work, then will work for months, and then not work again. This has been going on for over 2 years. The brights will work but not the regular ones.
There must be a knob or something that I am accidently hitting to turn them off but where is it and how to fix it is the question.
Thanks for any help u have to offer.

karalyn,
I would recommend that you contact your dealer and have them look into this issue for you. They may be in the best position to get this diagnosed for you. Please keep me posted and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy GMC Customer Service

karalyn

I read the owners manual, tried everything emaginable and they would not go on. After a half hour or so two different times that night, I gave up. I The SUV sat in the driveway for two days. Yesterday I drove it in the daylight so did not check the lights. Tonight I went outside (in the dark)and turned the key and viola I have regular beams again.
If I had taken it in they would have found nothing.
No doubt it will happen again. Thank goodness my high beams always work.

StephenC

I have this problem also. I drive at night, my headlights just randomly go out. High beams work, dash lights work, fog lights work. Low beams just go out. I can turn on high beams and after a while switch back to low and they'll be working again. But will go out again. Knob doesn't help. Doesn't matter if on auto or on position of switch. I've replaced both low beams in the last month. Is this a faulty switch? Or some other electrical issue?

Kamfith

Headlamps wont light help

Door wont stay closed. Trying to figure out what parts are missing from this lock plate latch

and is there a rivet that goes where the arrow is.

Thanks