I got hit! HELP! I need a tailgate, PLEASE!

Skrambler

Reaction score
Hello fine Folks.

Yes, I am brand new to this forum, but not to my 1990 GMC Suburban! She has been with me for over 30 years!
Just last week, while I was dropping off my family at the Phoenix Airport, I has rear ended while I was parked, and the tailgate was down unloading the luggage.
Thank heavens I was curbside and not pulling luggage from the back when a snot-nosed kid in a big honk'n Chebby truck hit me!

Obviously, his insurance company (AllState) is paying to fix my old girl, but they can not (or will not) take the time to find me a replacement tailgate!

As I said above, I have the drop tailgate style rear door with the glass that motors up and down into it.

I am located in Sedona, AZ. but, I am CERTAIN I can talk AllState to have a clean tailgate shipped in from just about anywhere!!!

Please, any thoughts or suggestions as to where to look? Or, does someone out there have one of these for sale? Am I listing this request in the correct spot on this forum? Or, should I be listing this elsewhere?

Also, anyone know what span of years my tailgate was used between? Can a Chevy tailgate be used without any issues as well?

A HUGE thank you, in advance for any and all help with my problem.

Skrambler

Reaction score
Well, it looks as if we can "call off the dogs".
I was able to locate both a used AZ original gate, and a company that reproduces these. I am leaning towards re-doing a used original.
Thank you.