Infotainment system 2020 sierra

G

G-82860

2020 Sierra with infotainment issues. Less than 8000 miles. I take it to dealership and they kept it for two days and said they could reproduce the issue but they know there is a problem. They said it is a glitch. What the he'll is a glitch. I paid 55000 for the truck. There should be no glitches.

2021gmc_elevation

Reaction score
Agree with your assessment. I've got a 2021 Sierra that will not retain equalizer bass/treble or balance/fade speaker settings. Brought it to the attention of the dealer a week after purchase and was told "there are problems with 2020 and 2021 infotainment systems that we're waiting for a software update to fix." The dealer (and GM) know there's a problem and it's been over a year with no resolution. Not acceptable by any reasonable standard, especially for a vehicle costing in excess of $50K. When I take my truck in for it's first oil change, I'm demanding they replace the infotainment head unit under warranty. If they refuse, I'm letting them know I'm driving my last GM truck.

RedDirt

Reaction score
My 2015 GMC Sierra has an infotainment issue too. I usually have it set on SiriusXM. After a while of driving the screen starts to scroll . It will jump to several different stations and I will need to exit the screen to bring it back to reality. The dealer hasn't been able to pin down the issue. It doesn't scroll when they've tried driving the truck. Its out of warranty so if I have them change the head it will cost around $800. And no guarantee that this will fix it. The said they could reinstall the computer system but no guarantee.