Lift gate module

mlrz24

Reaction score
I have a 2003 GMC Envoy. My lift gate module is bad. Is there a way to by pass it so I can lock the doors? I can lock them the old fashion way but not the lift gate. The reason I want to bypass it is because I'm trying not to put any more money into this vehicle. I live in a rust belt state and the frame might not pass this year's inspection.

Thanks,
Matt

cueball94

Reaction score
I have a 2005.....I reseated all the connectors on the lift gate module and it fixed my problem. Worth a try.

mlrz24

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I totally unplugged it. Contacts aren't corroded so I plugged it back together then wiggled the wires and it still doesn't work. There has to be a way to bypass it.

Swampfox21

Reaction score
2008 Envoy here.
Mine went bad too.. couldn't bypass it as the module is networked with other modules in the car. The program was specific to the vehicle and the software vendor needs the VIN# to program a new module properly. $500 later everything worked again. $250 for the module, $150 for the software and program and $100 in labor by my local guy who is top shelf with the electronics.