MultiPro Tailgate

SteveS

Reaction score
Is it just me or are there other owners of these MultiPro Tailgates that had no idea you could not lower the tailgate with a standard ball mount attached?

1) For those that got "dinged", what should I expect to pay to have this repaired? I don't think that paintless dent repair is going to work on this one. It's marble sized.
2) Is there any chance GMC will give me any love for having this repaired since there was no warning this could happen? There is no sticker or warning in or around the tailgate area.
3) And I have to note...this is a terrible engineering oversight by GMC. They should have at least had the dealers warn customers about this anomaly. Or at the very least, a big fat warning sticker.

Thoughts?

Allin8

Reaction score
Honestly, I saw that issue when the tailgate was first introduced on paper. That said, I know there will be a day I open it instinctively not thinking and paying the price. Its great engineering with that exception. Its funny, it contradicts having all these new towing features...as I always keep a ball attached. Guess the though process is if your towing you wont lower your gate, and if you are not you pull the ball. Uhmm. I think their only option at this point is to prevent the gate from opening when it detects a ball....certainly that can be done considering the gate is electric and already has the receiver cam. Repair ...$$$