My fan for the ventilation in my GMC Canyon isn't working correctly, Why?

Reaction score
I have replaced the relay twice, the fuse is good and the blower motor is good as far as I know. When the blower works it works fine. It usually don't work after the truck has ran and been shut off then restarted. Then sometimes it just don't work at all.

hsteves1

Reaction score
Hey Cowboy... That is what im looking to find out. The highest speed always works, the 3 lower speeds are intermitent I have seen resistor mentioned and fan relay... does anyone know where these are located on a 2006 Canyon? any info will be appreciated.

Tim'sGMC

Reaction score
On the passenger side under the dash you will find the connection to the blower motor resistor, it will be a 4 wired connection. The problem may even be the connector itself. This is a problem caused by tall people putting their feet up under the dash and hitting the connector with their feet. Unplug the connector to see if there is any discolorization mainly burnt brownish from lack of a good connection in the connector. you may have to replace the resistor and/or the connector. The connector can be found at a junkyard.

Rapunzel1969

Reaction score
I had same problem, replaced resistor & spliced in new connector but after getting all 4 speeds back on blower motor, now I can’t get hardly any air flow to come out vents!! It used to blow out great when I only had the #4 speed. I checked blower motor for debris & it was perfectly clean & moving air as it lay on my floorboard. I’m baffled, any suggestions??? Thanks!