New AT4 Duramax Failure

NewAT4

Reaction score
Bought a new AT4 with the 3.0 Duramax a few weeks ago. 24 hours later with 89 miles on the odometer the engine had a catastrophic failure. GMC said it required a complete engine replacement. I asked for a replacement vehicle since I took delivery the afternoon prior and only drove 82 miles. They are pushing for me to accept a warranty repair and move on. I countered that accepting a replacement engine on a new vehicle is unreasonable from both a reliability and value point of view. It’s still in the shop being repaired (20 days and counting). I would appreciate anyone’s thoughts about how to proceed. Thanks.

G

G-304757

Being it happened less than 24 hours from you taking delivery, are they not going to to replace the vehicle?

mogleybear

Reaction score
I would keep pushing for a replacement vehicle, but I know that is also an uphill battle. I was able to get a replacement vehicle about 2 months after purchase on another manufacturers vehicle, but that was after discovering that the vehicle I purchased had been wrecked and sold as new to me (apparently wrecked by dealership personnel or on a test drive). It had 40 miles when I bought it and had just over 5,000 when they replaced it.