misa84

Hello all. Just joined the forum and thought all would like ti know about my dilelmina with my 2020 Yukon XL SLT Graphite Performance Edition.. At about 2500 miles i experienced an issue while driving at higfhway speed (65) tried to pass a vehilce (speed limit was 70) engine increased in rpm butr transmission did not shift to a different gear-went nowhere and engine took several seconds to decrease in rpm. Took to dealer who kept car for two days but stated they couldm find no eerror codes. Second issue occurred about two weeeks l\ater. Made a lefdt turn off major hwy to side street. Egnine dies bur was able to coast across. Took several tries to get engine to start but it would not go beypond 3k rpm and transmission didi ntot shift. Back to dealer, had car for 5 days, stated couldmnot find any error codes. Week later drivning locally (thank goodness) and heard what I first thought was stick casught under car, then noise increeased and realized it was an engine knock. Engine died. Towed to \dealer and advised 5 days later they were replacing the engine witha new one. Cah has 3800 miles on it. Very dissappointed. I would greatly appreciated any comments on this issue.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the troubles you are having, I personally would talk to the dealer about just getting a new one. If nothing else look at lemon laws for your area. Also contact NHTSA, all three of the issues described should meet the safety issue threshold.

Sal Collaziano

Staff member
Hello all. Just joined the forum and thought all would like ti know about my dilelmina with my 2020 Yukon XL SLT Graphite Performance Edition.. At about 2500 miles i experienced an issue while driving at higfhway speed (65) tried to pass a vehilce (speed limit was 70) engine increased in rpm butr transmission did not shift to a different gear-went nowhere and engine took several seconds to decrease in rpm. Took to dealer who kept car for two days but stated they couldm find no eerror codes. Second issue occurred about two weeeks l\ater. Made a lefdt turn off major hwy to side street. Egnine dies bur was able to coast across. Took several tries to get engine to start but it would not go beypond 3k rpm and transmission didi ntot shift. Back to dealer, had car for 5 days, stated couldmnot find any error codes. Week later drivning locally (thank goodness) and heard what I first thought was stick casught under car, then noise increeased and realized it was an engine knock. Engine died. Towed to \dealer and advised 5 days later they were replacing the engine witha new one. Cah has 3800 miles on it. Very dissappointed. I would greatly appreciated any comments on this issue.
Welcome aboard! Thank you for signing up!