Savana 3500 Coolant Leak

bdbrown

Hi guys, hoping I can get some quick advice...

2006 GMC Savana 3500 6.0 gas engine

Problem started a week ago. Severe coolant leak from what looked to be the water pump area (very difficult to detect where exactly). Researched and found that some GM trucks have leaking uses at the pump/block connection. Today got new gaskets spent six hours replacing. Checked all the hoses for holes, etc. Everything seemed fine.

Started the car and it was perfect. No leaks. Let it get to temperature, sat there for about 5 minutes, still no leaks. Decided to head to Napa for a bulb. Got back and it was leaking just as bad if not worse. From what seems to be the same area. I have no idea what to do now. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks
Ben

gsipes

Did you get it figured out?

Hey Ben,

I am new to the site, and I have noticed that there are not many threads or replies for that matter concerning Savana vans. Just curious if you got the problem figured out? Did you end up having to replace the water pump?

Ron6519

I don't know if they still had the Vortec engine in 2006. I have a 2001 Savana 2500 with a 5.0 liter engine. Just replaced the lower intake gaskets for the same issue, leaking coolant. Though in my case, the leaks ran to the back of the engine, along the valve cover and fell under the dash board to the ground.