Strange noise on highway

Joe I

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Denali with 300 miles. The first time on the highway it started making a noise randomly. It sounded like a squeaky or rusty wheel coming from the driver’s side. No one can identify the cause. Anyone have a similar issue. I have a sound file but can’t attach it here.

98trck

Reaction score
300 miles, its a new truck, new tires possibly defective tire
swap passenger side tires with driver side tires, does the noise follow the change
PETE

Joe I

Reaction score
Sorry, if I could attach the sound file it would help. The noise is coming from the inside of the cab. I think if it was the tires, it would be constant. It lasts for a few seconds and stops. I could then go another hour on the highway and nothing or it could happen 3 times. There is no rhyme or reason or pattern.

Allin8

Reaction score
I had a rattling sound that was driving crazy. Ripped everything apart till I found it. Mine was from the overhead console.

Coolio

16 Year Sierra Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, if I could attach the sound file it would help. The noise is coming from the inside of the cab. I think if it was the tires, it would be constant. It lasts for a few seconds and stops. I could then go another hour on the highway and nothing or it could happen 3 times. There is no rhyme or reason or pattern.
Sounds like something is loose. Check anything you can reasonably touch in the area you hear the noise coming from.

Plenty of ways to get your audio file online.

Joe I

Reaction score
GMC is giving me the complete run around. Frankly I am surprised. All they can say is take it to the dealer to recreate the issue except you can drive a 1000 miles and the issue is not recreated.

JCR

Reaction score
GMC is giving me the complete run around. Frankly I am surprised. All they can say is take it to the dealer to recreate the issue except you can drive a 1000 miles and the issue is not recreated.
What do you expect GM to do. Obviously you have to take it to the dealer to diagnose and repair your issue. Thats not the runaround, merely protocol.If the technician cannot recreate your issue how is he supposed to diagnose it?Ride with him when he tries to recreate the issue, or tape record the noise as it happens for them to hear it.

Joe I

Reaction score
Let me be clear, I have asked them what they can do that is different than the 10 recordings I have. The run around is that they won’t answer the question. I get the standard answer you just gave me. That doesn’t work. A warranty means that repairs should not cost me money. Would you agree with me that the amount of miles on a vehicle affects the value? Of course it does. So why we would I have to be penalized for something that is not my fault.

Joe I

Reaction score
I have 10 recordings of the noise. They can drive it for 1000 miles and may not hear it. Obviously you work for GM. Would you let them put 1000 miles on your truck without any plan of action. I don't. I work hard to keep it low miles. Its not something loose. It sounds like a squeaky wheel but it's so random, you can't recreate it

G

G-995751

Let me be clear, I have asked them what they can do that is different than the 10 recordings I have. The run around is that they won’t answer the question. I get the standard answer you just gave me. That doesn’t work. A warranty means that repairs should not cost me money. Would you agree with me that the amount of miles on a vehicle affects the value? Of course it does. So why we would I have to be penalized for something that is not my fault.
GM is not saying they wont fix your issue,but what you have provided them is not sufficient for them to diagnose your problem.You cannot expect them yo tear into things willy nilly on hunches or specualtion.You wouldnt want that either.Perhaps you could tape the noise and post it for our ideas.

JCR

Reaction score
I have 10 recordings of the noise. They can drive it for 1000 miles and may not hear it. Obviously you work for GM. Would you let them put 1000 miles on your truck without any plan of action. I don't. I work hard to keep it low miles. Its not something loose. It sounds like a squeaky wheel but it's so random, you can't recreate it
How is GM supposed to fix something they dont hear,touch,feel,or smell.You said yourself you wont hear it for 1000 miles??You dont want them tearing into anything unless it is a confirmed fix to it.GM is not balking,its they cannot find your problem.Maybe you should try an independent garage for the diagnosis then let GM repair.