Would you recommend buying a mid size GMC or Chevy pickup (Colorado or Canyon).?

jgb

Reaction score
To reduce gas conumption, I'm looking to buy a used mid size pickup - GMC or Chevy. I'm a little leary of the standard 4 5 cylinder engines and the lack of horsepower. If you have experience with one of these trucks, would you recommend buying it. I won't be using it for towing.

razago57

Reaction score
I have a Canyon 2020, have a problem with gps and phone interconnection and they can not resolve the problem

G

G-209949

To reduce gas conumption, I'm looking to buy a used mid size pickup - GMC or Chevy. I'm a little leary of the standard 4 5 cylinder engines and the lack of horsepower. If you have experience with one of these trucks, would you recommend buying it. I won't be using it for towing.
I have a 2019 Canyon SLE 6cyl I bought brand new and I love it. Everything still works just fine and I get outstanding gas mileage. When you're cruising on the highway with cruise control on it will turn off 2 of the cyls to save fuel. I've gotten up to 28 miles per gallon easy when that happens and that's a stat Toyota can't touch.

Brad 2021

Reaction score
I just bought a 21 Canyon Denli, have about 6k since early September with no problems to date. Replacing my 99 Yukon Slt with 465,000.
Still to new for a full review. We are completely satisfied with this vehicle.

Focus1

Reaction score
I just bought a 21 Canyon Denli, have about 6k since early September with no problems to date. Replacing my 99 Yukon Slt with 465,000.
Still to new for a full review. We are completely satisfied with this vehicle.
I just bought a 2022 Canyon Denali. It's way too early for a full review but here are some very initial observations:

While its a beautiful vehicle, very comfortable inside, and handles well, I am underwhelmed that this top of the line "luxury" model is missing some pretty basic creature comforts...

- It has no home link. Other GMC models have it, but it wasn't even an option on this Denali model. I now have my 18 year-old garage door opener attached to the driver's windshield visor old school style.
- The seats are air conditioned, heated, have lumbar support, etc., but if you want to adjust the back of your seat, its a manual handle and not electric. That's pretty unsafe if you want to adjust the back of the seat while driving. If they made all the rest of the seat functions electric, why did they miss this really basic one?
- No start button so you have to fish the keys out of your pocket and listen to the dangling key fob hit against the steering column when you turn.
- No unlock when you approach feature. If you can remote start the truck with you key fob, why can't it also unlock the doors when you touch the door handle? Again, fishing in my pocket to get the key fob out and pushing buttons.
- The fob and key are two separate items. Couldn't they at least be combined into one unit so that it would be smaller in my pocket?

As I said, too early for a full review. These are simply some very initial observations.

Last edited:

Brad 2021

Reaction score
I agree with all your observations and will add a few more.
No lockable storage inside the cab.
No led interior lighting.
No available sunroof.
No led rear lighting, tail, blinker, reverse.
No power rear sliding window.
No lockable fuel fill door.
I read the reviews and most stated
Not a real Denali!
We bought knowing this anyway.

Waterbilly

Reaction score
I just bought a 2022 Denali diesel. I’ve never owned a “real” Denali but this one seems pretty darn nice to me. It rides and handles really well for a pickup of any kind, in my opinion. The little Duramax just loafs along smooth and quiet. I‘ve never minded using a key to start my vehicles and I don’t adjust my seat back when I’m driving. I can take or leave a sunroof and I don’t like to open my rear sliders because I usually forget to close them…. power or not. Like you guys though,I really would like one of those lockable fuel fill doors.