Yukon Denali Nav/Radio Problem

ngrubb

Reaction score
I have a intermittent, but consistent problem with my radio/nav unit (GM part #1580001) having volume spikes and the screen going black as shown in this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG0IAaQAtt4

It has been viewed more than 1500 times, so I'm assuming others have this same issue. I have read many posts and no one has come up with a solution. I've pulled the radio, checked all of thewires, disconnected the 6-disc changer, and nothing has resolved the problem. Been to the dealer twice and they say they can't find anything. Some posts say that they had the dealer replace the head unit only to have the problem occur again a few weeks later.

The one post that intriqued me was one that claimed the problem was related to the vehicle's electronic suspension system. This somewhat makes sense because of the seemingly random times that the problem happens.

My question: Has anyone figured out the root of this problem and a possible remedy?

Thanks much for any advice.

Reaction score
I have a intermittent, but consistent problem with my radio/nav unit (GM part #1580001) having volume spikes and the screen going black as shown in this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG0IAaQAtt4

It has been viewed more than 1500 times, so I'm assuming others have this same issue. I have read many posts and no one has come up with a solution. I've pulled the radio, checked all of thewires, disconnected the 6-disc changer, and nothing has resolved the problem. Been to the dealer twice and they say they can't find anything. Some posts say that they had the dealer replace the head unit only to have the problem occur again a few weeks later.

The one post that intriqued me was one that claimed the problem was related to the vehicle's electronic suspension system. This somewhat makes sense because of the seemingly random times that the problem happens.

My question: Has anyone figured out the root of this problem and a possible remedy?

Thanks much for any advice.

ngrubb,
I would like to apologize for the issues that you are experiencing with your vehicle. I would like to look into this further for you. Can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealer? I look forward to your response.
Thank you,
Stacy GMC Customer Service

jman477359

Reaction score
We are having the same exact issue with a 2006 envoy denali. were you able to resolve this?

oldnfat

Reaction score
Anyone? I am having the same issue with my 06 yukon denali.
I am a manufacturing engineer for gm and
I will try to find out who I could contact, here at the warren tech center, to find out answer's to our questions.

We are having the same exact issue with a 2006 envoy denali. were you able to resolve this?

denaliman99

Reaction score
While I hate to revive this thread, I'm going too!

This seems to be a big problem out there with many experiencing the same symtoms and no one can seem to find a root cause, including chasing down the wiring, grounds, and others saying issues with auto ride. Even folks stating they have replaced the radio, only for it to start happening again.

I have a 2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali and have the same problem were the screen will go blank, flicker, the GMC logo will popup and loud volume spikes. While I hate to have to goto an aftermarket radio and lose some functions there's got to be a solution to the problem out there.

Has anyone found a solution to fix this problem! You would be make alot of people happy.

Thanks

9.C.

Reaction score
Yukon Navigation Intermittent

I have a 2009 Yukon. The nav system will display the splash screen with the GMC logo then go black. I can't answer the phone anylonger with the bluetoothe feature on the steering wheel. There is no way to control the radio, CD, Navigation System, backup camera, Sirius XM, or anything else associated with sound or entertainment.

This the second unit installed in the Yukon. This was a very expensive vehicle, I thought it would have lasted much longer than this.

Please help my resolve this.

Reaction score
Hello 9.C.,

I am sorry for the navigation and entertainment unit malfunction you've been experiencing with your Yukon. I can understand your frustrations and apologize for the inconvenience. Have you spoken with your local GMC dealership yet? If you would like assistance with setting up a service appointment, please let me know. I can be reached via private message and am more than happy to help anyway that I can.

Regards,

Laura M.
GMC Customer Care

g8trgr8t

Reaction score
Old thread, new problem for me
2004 Yukon denali.
Did anyone ever identify a solution?

SteveC

Reaction score
Hello 9.C.,

I am sorry for the navigation and entertainment unit malfunction you've been experiencing with your Yukon. I can understand your frustrations and apologize for the inconvenience. Have you spoken with your local GMC dealership yet? If you would like assistance with setting up a service appointment, please let me know. I can be reached via private message and am more than happy to help anyway that I can.

Regards,

Laura M.
GMC Customer Care

I do not get it, exactly what are you telling him? This seems to be the stamped out answer that is constantly repeated by "GMC Customer Care". I have never read any REAL advice given by any of you people.

g8trgr8t

Reaction score
Hello 9.C.,

Regards,

Laura M.
GMC Customer Care

How about providing some useful information instead of a generic response to go spend money at a dealership to fix what is obviously a manufacturer problem? Perhaps GMC would rather have this turn into a recall issue. With so many people having the same problem it isn't just random

Skbender25

Reaction score
Good Morning,
I am having a similar issue on my 2011 GMC Yukon. On the second leg of a 1900 mile drive, we left at 6am the navigation/radio was working. We pulled over to fuel up just before getting on the freeway and my radio/nav system in op. It did not come back on. After a few minutes the gmc logo popped up and quickly disappeared, shortly after a blue screen (traditional menu background) pops up with the message “checking the map dvd” with a continue button down below that even if I’m fast enough to press it, nothing works and it quickly flashes away. This has been cycling for over an hour. No music, no power, its essentially dead in the water. Has anyone had any success with determining what could be the issue. I’ve put so much money into this vehicle over the last 12 months, currently just at 3K, I’d like to prevent useless spending since every penny counts.

G

G-989443

I have 2012 Yukon Denali and started experiencing this last year along with battery issues. Thought it was resolved when we found some exposed wires. But it has continued to happen off and on randomly. Usually it meant my battery was drained but it has a brand new battery installed. Beyond frustrated and stressed as I live in Alaska and cannot just breakdown anywhere. I think it is a recall issue that they refuse to do something about 🙄